Marsala - 'Color of the Year' according to the color gurus at Pantone. it's really just a rusty red color, but 'Marsala' sounds so much better! I wouldn't normally think of using this color in spring - it seems more fall-like, but I'm quite liking it combined with some of Pantone's other spring colors.
I look forward to the color reports because they make me think outside my norm and encourage me to try new color combinations. Otherwise I keep doing the tried-and-true over and over again. Here are some results!
May 15 - 17, 2015
Fayetteville St., Downtown Raleigh NC
Fri & Sat 11-7; Sun 10-5
Booth # to come!
2015 marks the first year that the festival is THREE days and has the Art Market and live music stages on Fayetteville Street. Kidsplosure remains on just Saturday and Sunday and is centered in Moore Square. The free festival features dozens of events, such as:
- Art Market with more than 170 visual arts and crafts exhibitors from across North Carolina and the nation
- Kidsplosure, showcasing multiple interactive educational activities and entertainment for children and their parents
- Specially-commissioned, large-scale, interactive visual art installations
- Aerialists and/or other unique variety performers
- Student Art Exhibition, showcasing two- and three-dimensional artwork of Wake County public and private middle and high school students
- Ongoing performances by legends and rising stars from the national and regional Jazz, Blues, and Alternative music scenes.