The 5th annual Western Wake Artists Studio Tour happens this weekend! Twenty one N. Carolina artists in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, and Holly Springs will open our studios to the public for the weekend. Our works feature paintings, drawings, wearable and decorative felt, fiber, hand painted silk, glass, and mixed media. The tour is free and open to the public. All ages are welcome! I'll be showing/selling scarves and scarf accessories, paintings, quilted hangings, prints and note cards.
Hubby and I have spent the last few evenings converting the downstairs of our home into silk art gallery - moving furniture out and displays in. The photos below give you a preview! In the last pic you can see my stretcher frame, waiting to have a scarf stretched and painted while visitors are here.
Why go on a Studio Tour?
- See an artist at work
- Learn about the creative process
- Enjoy finished pieces and art for sale
- Easily drive to visit several artists each day
- Enter to win a $100 Passport - a basket of goodies made or donated by our participating artists - by visiting 5 studios. Visit 8 or more and be entered twice![break]
Tour hours: Friday, Nov. 8th: 6-8pm (select studios, including mine)
Saturday, Nov. 9th: 10am-5pm
Sunday, Nov. 10th: 1-6pm
- Download a Tour Brochure with examples of the artists' work, their studio numbers and addresses. I'm at 104 Canterstone Ct. in Cary, # 10 on the map.
- Download a Tour Map - Hover over an artist's name to highlight their location on the map; click the dropped pin to see their address. Participating studios will have signs with numbers corresponding to studio numbers on the brochure.
Come meet the artists in your neighborhood!