Some more progress with my latest painting... you can see the beginnings of it in my previous post.
I'm pretty much done with the painting, but I do see some areas that need a bit of tweaking. I'll do this when the wax is removed. The last photo shows the entire wax-covered painting after I crumpled it to create cracks in the wax.
My next step is to paint over the whole thing with dark colors - the dye will seep into the wax and form the signature batik crackle pattern. Here again I'll be more or less shooting blind, since it's hard to see exactly where the dye is going, and sometimes crackle can be overdone and overwhelm the painting (been, there, done that), so I'm holding my breath! The whole piece looks very dark now but it will lighten up considerably once the wax is out.
Interestingly - one painting that I had deemed ruined by too much crackle got rescued from the scrap bag by a little voice in my head that said, "Mount it anyway". Which I did, and wouldn't you know it, at the next show I went to, someone bought it, saying the horrid thing (IMO) was just what she was looking for! So what do I know! Go figure...
Thanks for the visit today!