- This weekend the Holiday season kicks off with the Durham Art Walk Holiday Market in downtown Durham NC! Saturday 18th 10-5; Sunday 19th, 1-5.
- The Holiday Market is something like a studio tour - there are various sites where you'll fine art and crafts, live music, historic sites, restaurants and food trucks.
- Be sure to stop into Exotique, where you'll find my paintings! Exotique is #5 on the map, at 319 W. Main St.
- My abstract paintings, prints and notecards are now at The Joyful Jewel, an eclectic art and craft shop in Pittsboro NC. You can find my silk and felted scarves there too. //
- Pick up some great Christmas gifts on Saturday November 4th at the Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Cary. Hours are 10 - 4, 221 Union St, Cary, NC 27511. I'll have both paintings and scarves at this show.
Hey Arts/Crafts show lovers - CenterFest in downtown Durham NC is this weekend, September 16 & 17!
While I won't have a booth at CenterFest this year, my work will still be close by! I'm excited to have been invited to be one of the featured artists at Exotique Gallery and Gifts, also in downtown Durham and part of the CenterFest footprint. Exotique was voted "Durham's Best Gift Store" in 2017 by its customers and I'm happy to have my new acrylic paintings included! My paintings, and also some of my felted scarves, will be at the store until November 2nd.Read More
It was with a shock that I realized that I haven't posted an article on my blog since the end of April! I won't bore you with the details of all the things that conspired to keep me away from my computer, but one of those things was the wrestle I was having with the voices in my head telling me that, after almost 30 years creating fabric or fiber art in one form or another, it's time to strike out on a different path, to venture into a completely new medium.Read More