This Saturday September 13th will see an interesting collaboration between the Waverly Artists Group (of which I'm a member) and Whole Foods Market in Waverly Place Shopping Center, Cary NC. We've organized the 1st Annual Waverly Art Fair, to be held under 2 tents just outside Whole Foods. Whole Foods supplies the tents and crowd, we supply the art. Several of us (including myself) will be painting live. We will also have live music, art lessons and an art critique. The fair runs from 9 am - 3 pm. The artists have been encouraged to display small and affordable food or drink related art... and I happen to have just the thing! If you're familiar with my silk paintings, you know that food isn't one of my themes, but I did do a series of whimsical, fruity mini-painitngs last summer just on a whim. I sold some of them, but what I have remaining should be just right for this event! They range in size from 4" x 4" to 5" x 7".
Here's what's happening during the fair -
- 9:30 - 11:00 - Introduction to Painting with Acrylics (18 and up) - Explore the medium of acrylics by working on a small painting using a Whole Foods fresh subject as our inspiration! Cost: $5 donation to Whole Kids Foundation paid at time of class (Please bring a canvas no larger than 8 x 10 inches).
- 10 - 11: Live music from Gary Bradley's Bluegrass band
- 12:30 - 1:30 - Self Portrait Class for Kids! (1st to 5th grade) - During this class your children will learn about drawing and observing themselves while they work on a self-portrait. Cost: $5 donation to Whole Kids Foundation paid at time of class.
- 2 - 3 - Art Critique in the community room- Bring your art and ask the experts!
- To reserve your space for one of our classes please email eventsWAG@gmail.com
It's gonna be a fun day... come join us!
Just 2 more shows to go for the year!
- Centerfest, Downtown Durham NC. Sept. 20 - 21, Booth C45 on Main St.
- FestiFall, Downtown Chapel Hill, NC. Oct. 5, Booth B29.